Archive for July, 2017

A Tribute to Sam Frobisher Owori by PRIP Jonathan Majiyagbe

July 29, 2017

When the announcement was made that Sam Frobisher Owori of the Rotary Club of Kampala, Uganda, was the choice of the Nominating Committee for President of Rotary  International 2018-19, it was sensational news!  It was greeted with rapturous applause, not only because he was a popular choice, but also because it had taken a long […]

Posted in Bulletins Comments Off on A Tribute to Sam Frobisher Owori by PRIP Jonathan Majiyagbe

Coolamon Rotary News Bulletin #17-18-3

July 27, 2017

Week of 24 July This week’s meeting featured a special event, the induction of our newest member, Howard Atkinson! Howard and his wife Ann moved to Coolamon fairly recently and have been making extensive renovations to the old convent, in which they reside and will be using to host weddings and other functions. Howard is […]

Posted in Bulletins Comments Off on Coolamon Rotary News Bulletin #17-18-3

Thursday, 3 August TWO Choirs at the Club.

July 27, 2017

Evening It is not often that we get the chance to listen to and enjoy not ONE but TWO Choirs from Wagga.  All for a good cause to raise funds for mental health education. TWO FOR THE PRICE OF ONE! Thursday, 3 August 2 Choirs at the Club.  Wagga Men’s Rugby Choir and Murrumbidgee Magic will perform.  Admission $15 […]

Posted in Bulletins Comments Off on Thursday, 3 August TWO Choirs at the Club.

Coolamon Rotary News Bulletin #17-18-2

July 20, 2017

Week of 17 July This week’s meeting was a continuation of last week’s planning meeting. President Paul explained the procedures for bringing new members into the club and further expounded on his priorities for the coming year.  Members were reminded that German exchange student Lucia Bohnsack will be arriving in Sydney on 29 July, and […]

Posted in Bulletins Comments Off on Coolamon Rotary News Bulletin #17-18-2

Rotary Builds Straw Bale House in Bali

July 18, 2017

It was several years later when I was visiting family in Florida, my Uncle suggested I bring the idea to his local Rotary Club in Tarpon Springs, Florida.    I sent in my presentation and to my delight Dr. Carrie Root and Deb Connelly – members of Rotary Club Tarpon Springs pushed the idea forward and […]

Posted in Bulletins Comments Off on Rotary Builds Straw Bale House in Bali

Coolamon Rotary News Bulletin #17-18-1

July 17, 2017

Week of 10 July The first meeting of our new Rotary year was a planning meeting and an orientation meeting to the new directors.  President Paul Weston listed some of the projects planned for the coming year, and Vocational Services director Ian Jennings described his portfolio and some of his plans for the year.  John […]

Posted in Bulletins Comments Off on Coolamon Rotary News Bulletin #17-18-1

Sam Owori, President-elect of Rotary International, dies in US hospital

July 16, 2017

Ian Riseley President, 2017-18 T +1.847.866.3467F +1.847.866.3390ian.riseley@rotary.org   Dear fellow Rotarians, It is with the heaviest of hearts that I share the sad news that the President-elect of Rotary International, Sam F. Owori, died last night as a result of post-operative complications from a planned surgery. In this difficult time, I ask you to keep […]

Posted in Bulletins Comments Off on Sam Owori, President-elect of Rotary International, dies in US hospital

Change Over from Don to Paul

July 5, 2017

Monday July 3rd 2017 Coolamon Rotary Club Change Over Dinner. We had a great evening at the Coolamon Change Over dinner and a lot of fellowship and short speeches was the order of the night. Thank you to IPP Don Dyce for steering the club onwards and upwards during 2016-2017.  We look forward to another […]

Posted in Bulletins Comments Off on Change Over from Don to Paul