Coolamon House in Hout Bay

Dear John,

I hope you are keeping well, good friend, and you will be pleased to hear
that Coolamon House is looking good and working well with patients streaming through.

I see our district PR used Facebook for the story in today’s Hout Bay paper
and various have made comments already. It was posted at:

Coolamon House on facebook

Patrick McLaughlin
Immediate past president
Rotary Club of Hout Bay
Chair, Operation Medical Hope
Hout Bay, Cape Town South Africa

RYDA Week in Wagga Wagga

ROTARY YOUTH DRIVER AWARENESS

This week RYDA was held at the Eqex centre in Wagga wagga with many year 11 students attending from all around Wagga wagga some as far as away as Culcairn.  It was our duty to look after the Coolamon Central School students last Friday.  Ian Jennings, Paul Weston and John Glassford from our club volunteered their day to act as stewards for the 6 element course provided by Rotary to our high school students.  Jason Sachs also form our club was the teacher in charge of the students form the Coolamon Central School.

It was an excellent day and growing from strength to strength.  here are some photos from the day:

District Governor Visits Coolamon

DG Ian Simpson and his wife Jean paid us a visit on Monday night.  We had a board meeting before the club gathering and I am sure that DG Ian feels that we are in good shape.  DG Ian gave an excellent presentation to our members and our guests during the evening.

It was not the usual DG’s talk but one that concentrated on our own club our achievements and how we are going forward.  Our President Marg Perkin responded and thanked Ian and Jean fro the visit.  Leslie Weston then gave a vote of thanks and presented the kangaroo money pouches to Ian and Jean.

DG Ian Simpson and President Marg Perkin

Shelterbox in Kenya

Oxfam America Ambassador Scarlett Johansson recently visited a ShelterBox-tented camp in Dadaab. Well done Scarlett for shining a light on the world’s most vulnerable. Watch this CNN video to learn more about her visit to Kenya –

SHELTERBOX NEWS