Coolamon Rotary Bulletin #2021-2

Week of July 13th

Things are returning to normal in our neck of the woods, with the Rotary Club of Coolamon meeting in person again this week.  We had a healthy roll-up, with 22 members in attendance.  Watch this space, however, because the recent COVID spike in Sydney has resulted in resumption of tighter restrictions on the size of groups meeting at restaurants in NSW.  We’ll know soon what impact this will have on our weekly meetings.  Let’s hope this “second wave” is short-lived and is not followed by subsequent waves, and that we’ll find a way to continue meeting in person.  We’ll miss Albert’s lively fine sessions (accompanied by jokes that claim to pertain to unlucky members of the club).  Bruce was this week’s victim–you’ll have to come to meetings if you want to hear these gems!

Our monthly Bingo resumed last week, but attendance was very light (not surprising because of the winter weather and the lingering concerns about COVID among our regular players, most of whom are in a high-risk age group). The Bingo committee will be meeting to discuss ways to increase participation in Bingo.  Club members are encouraged to attend and have a go.

President Howard’s board met for the first time this week, and covered quite a bit of territory.  We ran out of time to discuss Howard’s goals for the year, so this will be a topic of discussion at our upcoming Club Assembly on 3 August.  Members are encouraged to attend that meeting in particular to hear what Howard hopes to accomplish this coming year and to provide input into the planning process.  This will be an excellent opportunity for your voice to be heard!

JUST FOR LAUGHS

I changed my iPad’s name to Titanic. It’s syncing now.

When chemists die, they barium.

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

I know a guy who’s addicted to brake fluid. He says he can stop any time.

How does Moses make his tea ? Hebrews it.

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

This girl said she recognized me from the vegetarian club, but I’d never met herbivore.

I’m reading a book about anti-gravity. I just can’t put it down.

I did a theatrical performance about puns. It was a play on words.

They told me I had type-A blood, but it was a Type-O.

PMS jokes aren’t funny – period.

Why were the Indians in America first ? They had reservations.

We’re going on a class trip to the Coca-Cola factory. I hope there’s no pop quiz.

I didn’t like my beard at first. Then it grew on me.

THE PUZZLER

Answer to last week’s puzzler: There are 6 feet on the floor: four from the bed and your two feet.

This week’s puzzler: Can you solve this riddle?

Three lines in total,
Seventeen syllables long.
Can you guess my name?

DIARY

Monday, July 20thRegular meeting. Coolamon Sport & Rec Club, 6:30 for 7:00 pm.

Monday, July 27thRegular meeting. Coolamon Sport & Rec Club, 6:30 for 7:00 pm.

Monday, August 3rd – Club Assembly. Coolamon Sport & Rec Club, 6:30 for 7:00 pm.

Monday, August 10th – Regular meeting. Coolamon Sport & Rec Club, 6:30 for 7:00 pm.

Thursday, August 13th – BINGO. Allawah Community Centre, 6:45 – 10:00 pm.  Rostered: Daryl (captain),  Alex, Chez, John N.

Monday, August 17thRegular meeting. Coolamon Sport & Rec Club, 6:30 for 7:00 pm.

Wednesday, August 19th – Board meeting. Coolamon Convent, 7:30 pm.

* denotes partner & guest night

REMINDERS

Please get your working with children check completed and give the number and expiry date to the secretary ASAP. Failure to do so may mean you are not covered insurance wise when you volunteer at events.

ROTARY CLUB OF COOLAMON Inc. 2020-21

Chartered March 3rd, 1971; Sponsoring Club Narrandera Rotary Club

President: Howard Atkinson
President-Elect: Albert Suidgeest
Secretary: John Glassford
Treasurer: Henk Hulsman 6927 3486
Rotary Foundation Director: Neil Munro
Membership Director: Dick Jennings
Service Projects Director: Albert Suidgeest
Youth Director: Anne Rzeszkowski
Club Admin Director:  Paul Weston
Public Image Director: Grahame Miles