Coolamon Rotary Bulletin for Week of 29/01/2024
AUSTRALIA DAY 2024
This year the Australia Day celebrations were held at the new Matong Community Hall.
- 2024 Australia Day Award Recipients & Official Opening of the Matong Community Hall. Coolamon Shire Council celebrated Australia Day with a community breakfast hosted by the Advance Matong Committee at the new Matong Community Hall.
- This year the Coolamon Shire welcomed our 2024 Australia Day Ambassador Mrs Sandra Ireson. Sandra is passionate about education and creating leadership and networking opportunities for women, especially in rural, regional and remote Australia.
- Congratulations to all winners:
Mary sent in some photos of the event:
Meeting of Monday 29th January 2024
President John Bond welcomed 23 members and 7 guests which included Susan Glassford, Marilyn Jennings, Trish Truscott, Ruth Morgan, Sharon Miles, Vicky Langtry and Corey Higgins. A great role up to hear Area Governor Garth Perkin talk on his trip to Cambodia.
President Bondy then opened the meeting up for general business which included:
- Corey Higgins looking for volunteers with a RSA ticket to help on weekends. There was no one in the club who had a current RSA certificate.
- Henk Hulsman reported on the previous CRCTB 2024 telephone book committee’s meeting which went very well and Henk said that we are on target to start the selling of advertising space in the 2024 CRCTB.
- Albert Suidgeest advised members and guest present that he now has 7 gardens for the Open Garden days to be held on Sunday 20th and Saturday 26th October. These gardens included some town gardens and other larger gardens. Leonie Farrelly has agreed to do Devonshire teas as part of her garden viewing. Other gardens will include the Breust and the Exton gardens.
- Mary Potts advised all members present that the January 1st membership fees are now due.
- Daryl Breust advised the club that the Coolamon Junior Football club is looking for prizes for the 2024 season as of the 2023 season where we sponsored 2 weekly awards for the 18 rounds of football and netball.
- The next Board meeting will be held on Monday 19th February at 5.15 pm.
- The Junee Rotary Club’s Australian Army Band performance set for Sunday February 11th has been postponed. A new date will be set for this event which we have been asked to support by our presence.
We then had a slide show by Garth on his recent visit to Cambodia. The main reason was to support four schools there with personal support packs for young girls. Our club did contribute $250 for these kits which make a huge difference to the lives of these young ladies. Good on you Garth and here are some photos of his visit to Cambodia;
The meeting closed with the usual fines session by S@A Dick Jennings and Cpl. Garth Perkin. The session was amusing and at times out of control with the antics of these two Rotarians. The funniest fine was for the reason that Coolamon residents woke up to a “smelly” town which was due to 4000 tonnes of chook manure being spread over 1,000 acres belonging to one of our members, no names no pack drill!!!!
The raffle was won by Ted Hutcheon. All in all an excellent evening with much laughter, banter and good fellowship.
N.B. You are always welcome to bring guests to most of our meetings, just advise Ian Jennings if you want to bring a guest along when you respond to the weekly dinner roll call!
Monday 5th February 2024 – Regular meeting. Coolamon Sport Rec Club, 6.30 for 7.00 pm.
Monday 12th February 2024 – Regular meeting. Coolamon Sport Rec Club, 6.30 for 7.00 pm.
Monday 19th February 2024 – Board meeting. Coolamon Sport Rec Club, 5.15 pm.
Monday 19th February 2024 – Regular meeting. Coolamon Sport Rec Club, 6.30 for 7.00 pm.
PETS & Learning & Development for all incoming Presidents Elect, Board Members, New Members and Directors.
- Fri Mar. 08, 2024 at 6:00 p.m. – Sun Mar. 10, 2024 at 12:00 p.m. Batemans Bay Soldiers Club, 6 Beach Road, Batemans Bay.
- Fri Mar. 22, 2024 at 6:00 p.m. – Sun Mar. 24, 2024 at 12:00 p.m. Cootamundra Ex-Servicemen’s & Citizens Memorial Club, Cootamundra.
Saturday 25th – Wednesday 29th May 2024- Rotary 24 SINGAPORE Convention.
*Friday 25th- Sunday 27th October 2024. D9705 Conference. Mittagong RSL. Bookings open now for early bird registrations: https://www.discon24.com/
JUST FOR LAUGHS
Above ACME CEO and his late wife.
N.B. ALL of the above images were obtained from Facebook
January is Vocational Service Month
Graphics by Debbie Vance from Canada
ROTARY CLUB OF COOLAMON Inc. 2023-24
Chartered March 3rd, 1971; Sponsoring Club Narrandera Rotary Club
- President: John Bond
- President-Elect 2024-2025: Adrian Lindner
- Secretary: Paul Weston
- Treasurer: Mary Potts
- Membership Director: Leslie Weston
- Service Projects Director: Adrian Lindner
- Youth Services Director: Scott Mudd
- Club Admin Director: Henk Hulsman
- Public Image Director: Grahame Miles
- Sergeant @ Arms: Dick Jennings
- Immediate Past President and Vice-President: Paul Weston
- Bulletin Editors: Paul Weston and John Glassford
- Webmaster: John Glassford