Club Assembly/Dinner Meeting of August 5th
President Wayne welcomed 19 members. Apologies from Dave, Dick, Lyn, John N, Garth, Don, Sarah and Myffy.
Club Assembly topics:
- No concerns raised from minutes of the last board meeting.
- External cladding of van shed will probably be galvanised or zincalume corrugated iron.
- Gears & Beers on Sunday, Oct 6. A committee will help organise our efforts – Daryl will chair the committee, assisted by Anne, Bern, Albert, Neil and John B.
- Hot Rod AGM on March 13-15, 2020. Coolamon Rotary will cater breakfast on Saturday and Sunday.
- All present were supportive of the Lids for Limbs campaign being organised by Karen Fryer and Michelle Booth. The project will start in Ganmain, and then expand to Coolamon and other towns in the shire. Start by saving bottle tops from milk jugs and other containers (stamped with 4 on the recycling triangle).
- Major raffle with $5 tickets was proposed – Committee of Sarah, John B and Bruce.
- Another project to sponsor production of fabric shopping bags to replace plastic bags at local stores was discussed – Board to explore idea further.
- To look into proposal by Dave, of idea of a w/e away to wineries around Rutherglen & Corowa
- Jennifer, the new cheesemaker at Coolamon Cheese, will be guest speaker next week.
- Ian agreed to take on collecting numbers for dinner meetings from this week
- The club is considering the idea of a joint meeting with the Rotary Club of Narrandera on the 5th Monday of Sept, maybe meeting at Ganmain Hall or Grong Grong pub. Stay tuned.
- All present were supportive of donating $500 to Fusion.
- Tree planting committee of Graham, Ian and Albert to investigate tree planting now that conditions are finally nearly favourable.
Sergeant-at-Arms Albert conducted a spirited fine session, together with some good cross fines, with our guest member being fined twice for the same reason.
A raffle finished off the evening, with the prizes going to Neil and Bern.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
Who made this quote?
“What’s the ugliest part of your body? Some say your nose, some say your toes, but I think it’s your mind.”
Last week’s Quote of the Week was attributed to Nelson Mandela.
JUST FOR LAUGHS
Monday, August 5 – Club Assembly. Coolamon Sport & Rec Club, 6:30 for 7:00 pm. (Members only)
Thursday, August 8 – Bingo. Community Centre Hall, 6:45 – 10:00. Henk (captain), Bruce, Lyn & Anne.
*Monday, August 12th – Speaker meeting. Guest speaker: New cheesemaker from Coolamon Cheese. Coolamon Sport & Rec Club, 6:30 for 7:00 pm.
Wednesday, August 14th – Board meeting. Coolamon Sport & Rec Club, 7:00 pm.
*Monday, August 26th – Visit by DG John McKenzie. All members encouraged to attend. Coolamon Sport & Rec Club, 6:30 for 7:00 pm.
Thursday, September 12th – Bingo. Community Centre Hall, 6:45 – 10:00. Neil (captain), Rod, John N & Howard.
September 20-22 Australian New Zealand Rotary Conference, Christchurch.
Friday, October 4 – Fannie Lumsden concert in Old Junee. Tickets cost $30.
* denotes partner & guest night
Please get your working with children check completed and give the number and expiry date to the secretary ASAP. Failure to do so may mean you are not covered insurance wise when you volunteer at events.
Subs are now due.