ShelterBox Larapinta Trek 2022

Past President Garth Perkin from our club is raising funds for ShelterBox Australia.  One of the best projects for disaster relief.  No matter where it happens in the world.

ShelterBox Australia

About this adventure

As part of ShelterBox Larapinta 2022, over seven days, you’ll follow well-worn yet timeless red dirt tracks along the slopes of the West MacDonnell Ranges, immersed in the rich history of Australia’s First Peoples.

Beside winding rivers, across open plains, to the summit of Mount Sonder and into the shaded Ormiston Gorge – by day, you’ll conquer one of the world’s premier desert treks, enjoying breath taking historic landscapes made famous by Albert Namatjira’s paintings.

At night, you’ll camp under inky black skies filled with silver stars and fall asleep to the nocturnal sounds of the desert, inspired by the difference you’re making to the lives of families impacted by disaster and conflict.

PLEASE GO HERE AND SUPPORT GARTH PERKIN

Garth says:

“What a great cause, to help people in need.

I simply couldn’t resist this trek (mind you at the age of 79) as it starts on the 2nd of August which would have been my dear wife, Marg Perkin’s birthday.

Marg was the first female president of Coolamon Rotary club, and always passionate about helping others in need. She passed away last year after fighting cancer for 5 years so I feel this is a small tribute to her, yet for a great cause that she would be proud to support”.