Coolamon Rotary News Bulletin #1617-21

Week of 21 November

This week’s meeting was a club assembly.  A range of topics were discussed, including the future of the Sport & Rec Club, the 2017 telephone directory, and motions passed at the last board meeting.  There was some lively discussion and interesting debate, signs of a healthy club!

Street Raffle on Saturday, 26 November

A reminder to members who are rostered on to sit at the street raffle on Saturday.  Rostered on are Daryl and Don from 6:00-8:00, Henk and Alex from 8:00-10:00, and Paul and Leslie from 10:00-12:00.  Proceeds of the street raffle will go to aid the victims of the recent earthquakes in New Zealand.

Bingo – what’s your pleasure?

Grahame is putting together the roster for bingo for the next year.  If you have a preference to be rostered on for a particular month, or if you know that you won’t be available during certain months, please let Grahame know now.

Social Bowls

Because of the late harvest this year, the number of participants in the pre-Christmas social bowls at the Sport & Rec Club is quite low.  The comp will go on, but it’s not necessary to register a team–you can simply show up on the night.  With the reduced competition, the chances of winning the prizes on offer are better than ever, so give it a go!

The Lighter Side

If you can’t laugh with him….
If minorities have the race card and women have the gender card, what do rednecks have?
The Trump Card.

Why doesn’t Melania Trump want to be the first lady?
Because she would have to move into a smaller house.

Q: What’s the difference between Donald Trump and God?
A: God doesn’t think he’s Donald Trump.
Donald Trump has announced that now he’s been elected President he’s going to ban the sale of pre-shredded cheese. He wants to make America grate again.
Donald Trump getting elected President has already had a positive effect on the economy.  Sales of alcohol have never been higher.
My friend said to me, “I hear the FBI have foiled a terrorist plot to kill Donald trump.”
“What, a suicide bomber? ” I asked.
“No, a surface to hair missile.”
Donald Trump is going to be the next president, but the real winner is Melania Trump. Now she can call herself the First Lady instead of the Third Wife.
“You’re telling me I’m losing my job because Trump won the election? Why, because I’m black?!?”
“Mister President, we’ve been over this…”
What happens when you take a joke too far?
The 45th President of the United States of America.

The puzzler

What word is missing from this sequence?

htols edirp tsul deerg yvne ynottulg _____

Answer to last week’s Puzzler:

Pour the juice from the 6th glass into the 3rd glass!

Diary

Saturday, 26 November: Street Raffle.

Monday, 28 November: Bowls Night in lieu of regular meeting.  Coolamon Sport & Rec Club. 6:30 for 7 pm.

Thursday, 8 December: Bingo. Allawah Lodge. Roster: Ian D (Captain), Garth, Alex, Grahame.

Saturday, 10 December: Christmas Party.  Date subject to change pending progress of the harvest.

25-26 Feb, 2017: Presidents-Elect Training (Paul Weston), Young.

17-19 March, 2017: District 9700 Conference, Orange.

30 April, 2017: District 9700 Assembly (All Directors), Young.

10-14 June, 2017: Rotary International Convention, Atlanta, GA, USA.

*Partners and Guests Night

Apologies for Monday meetings: call Ian Jennings on 0428 492 157  BY FRIDAY 12:00 pm.