Week of 17th May
President Howard welcomed 13 members, 1 visiting Rotarian and 1 guest to our weekly meeting. The meeting was a chance to catch up on recent club activities, a rundown of the District 9705 club development seminar in Young, and fellowship. Paul reported that the district conference will be held on 18-20 March, 2022 at Temora and encouraged members to attend given that we’ll have few opportunities to attend a district conference so close to home, especially considering the large size of the new district. Catering at John Bond’s clearing sale was a success despite the lower than expected turnout owing to the ordinary weather. The evening concluded with an entertaining fine session led by Albert with a number of amusing cross-fines by members and the weekly raffle, which was won by Ted.
Wednesday May 19th – CRC Board Meeting. Coolamon Sport & Rec Club, 7.00 pm.
Monday May 24th – Regular meeting. Coolamon Sport & Rec Club, 6:30 for 7 pm.
Sunday May 30th – DisTec21. Young Shire Council, 189 Boorowa St., Young, 10 am – 4 pm.
Saturday June 12 – Wednesday June 16th 2021 – Rotary International Convention (Virtual). Click here for more information. Registration is only $65, so give it some thought!
Saturday June 19th – Ganmain Winter Markets. Ganmain Showgrounds from 12 pm.
Monday June 21st – Wollundry Wagga RC Change Over Dinner. Wagga Wagga RSL Club, 6.30 for 7 pm, $30 per head. Dress: jacket and tie.
Saturday July 3rd – Temora RC Change Over Dinner. Temora Golf Club, 6.30 for 7 pm, $40 per head. Dress: jacket and tie.
* Monday July 5th – Coolamon Rotary Club Changeover. Coolamon Sport and Rec Club, 6.30 for 7 pm.
* denotes partner and guest night
JUST FOR LAUGHS
What, no ear muffs??!!!!
Answer to last week’s puzzler: Turn the page (screen) upside down! That will show the equation as 16 = 8 + 8.
This week’s puzzler: What word starts with `e`, ends with `e` and has only one letter in it?
1. REPORT ON D9705 CLUB DEVELOPMENT SEMINAR
District 9705 conducted the first of two club development seminars this one in Young last Saturday. The event was well represented by 170 members of various clubs in our district including several from Canberra. Coolamon was represented by PE Albert Suidgeest, PEN Paul Weston, Foundation Director Neil Munro and Secretary John Glassford. John was one of the “teachers” and his session was on service projects. John will also be teaching at the second seminar this time in Broulee on Saturday 22nd May.
The Rotary Club of Young did a great job with the catering and ran out of soup on a very cold day. However there was plenty of food and hot tea and coffee. The facilities at the Hennessey catholic College were very good and comfortable. PDG Steve Hill was the coordinator and the day began with a message from Shekhar Mehta RI President-elect 2020-21 from the Rotary Club of Calcutta-Mahanagar.
Click on the photo below for a video from RIPE Shekhar.
2. District Grant Applications
- Clubs must lodge an MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) between the Club and the District acknowledging the Clubs responsibilities when receiving and managing a District Grant. To be eligible to lodge an MOU the Club must have had a member from the Club attend the Districts Foundation Seminar. As a Foundation Seminar has not been held this year – this requirement will be met by:
- The Clubs President Elect attending PETS in Temora where a District Grant presentation was made, or
- Have a Club member attend District Training at Young (15 May) or Broulee (22 May) AND have that Club member attend the Foundation session run by DRFC John McKenzie.
- Lodge an application for a District Grant with the District Grants Chair by 30 May 2021 – it is expected that late applications will be received up until 15 June for the current round of applications.
May is Youth Service Month
Graphics by Debbie Vance McKay from Canada.
ROTARY CLUB OF COOLAMON Inc. 2020-21
Chartered March 3rd, 1971; Sponsoring Club Narrandera Rotary Club
President: Howard Atkinson
President-Elect 2021-2022: Albert Suidgeest
President-Elect Nominee 2022-2023: Paul Weston
Secretary: John Glassford
Treasurer: Henk Hulsman
Rotary Foundation Director: Neil Munro
Membership Director: Dick Jennings
Service Projects Director: Albert Suidgeest
Youth Services Director: Anne Rzeszkowski
Club Admin Director: Paul Weston
Public Image Director: Grahame Miles
Immediate Past President: Daryl Breust
Sergeant @ Arms: Albert Suidgeest
Bulletin Editors: Paul Weston and John Glassford
Webmaster: John Glassford