Coolamon Rotary Bulletin for February 12th 2024

Coolamon Rotary Bulletin for Week of 12/02/2024

Meeting of Monday 12th February

President John Bond welcomed 19 members and three guests to our meeting tonight.  Our guests were Marilyn Jennings, Bernadette Milne and Vicky Langtry.

Tonight we did not have a lot of business to discuss apart from:

• Mary sent round a sheet for new Rotary club shirts.
  • Henk spoke on the preceding CRCTB 2024 Committee meeting.  All is going as well as can be at this stage.  Members are now obtaining advertisers for the new book and Bear has over 80 potential advertisers including those who advertised in the 2018 book.  John G is collating all the information as it comes in.
  • Anne read out a letter of thanks from the Coolamon Central School.
  • Garth our Area Governor promoted the upcoming meeting in Coolamon to form an Advance Coolamon Group.  This is on the 12th March at 6.30pm at the Sports Club.
  • Garth said that the Rotary Health Van will be in Coolamon on Saturday May 11th. (An auspicious day!).

There was a spontaneous fines session as our S@A Dick and his Cpl Garth were back.  The raffle was won by Ian Jennings.

Another good evening of fun and fellowship was had by all of us and a good turn up of members.

A request was made to all members to find suitable guest speakers for future meetings.

DIARY

N.B. You are always welcome to bring guests to most of our meetings,  just advise Ian Jennings if you want to bring a guest along when you respond to the weekly dinner roll call!

Monday 19th February 2024 – Board meeting.  Coolamon Sport  Rec Club, 5.15 pm.

Monday 19th February 2024 – Regular meeting. Coolamon Sport  Rec Club, 6.30 for 7.00 pm.

Tuesday 12th March.  Advance Coolamon Group meeting with guest speakers Coolamon Sport  Rec Club, 6.30 pm.  Contact Joanne and Chris Berry 0410 641 260.  RSVP by 7th March.

PETS & Learning & Development for all incoming Presidents Elect, Board Members, New Members and Directors.

• Fri Mar. 08, 2024 at 6:00 p.m. – Sun Mar. 10, 2024 at 12:00 p.m.  Batemans Bay Soldiers Club, 6 Beach Road, Batemans Bay.  OR
  • Fri Mar. 22, 2024 at 6:00 p.m. – Sun Mar. 24, 2024 at 12:00 p.m. Cootamundra Ex-Servicemen’s & Citizens Memorial Club, Cootamundra.

Saturday 25th – Wednesday 29th May 2024- Rotary 24 SINGAPORE Convention.

https://convention.rotary.org/en-us/

*Friday 25th- Sunday 27th October 2024. D9705 Conference.  Mittagong RSL.  Bookings open now for early bird registrations:  https://www.discon24.com/

JUST FOR LAUGHS

This is a post on Facebook on how India is going in the cricket, I think this chap is from Pakistan!

Khalistan posted:  India losing is my source of happiness. I love seeing this team lose. It’s my daily medicine, my weekly energy, my monthly inspiration and my yearly motivation. This team’s loss is the only reason I’m still alive. I was born to love and enjoy that, long may it continue.

Cry more 😂😭 i love your tears.”

N.B.  ALL of the above images were obtained from Facebook

ROTARY NEWS

1.   The Seven Centres of Peace

Situated in different parts of the world, the Rotary Peace Centres offer tailor-made curricula to train individuals devoted to peacebuilding and conflict resolution — no matter where they land.

Rita Lopidia vividly recalls her experiences as a Rotary Peace Fellow at the University of Bradford in England. “The classes in African politics and UN peacekeeping were my favourite,” she says. “The politics course challenged me to dig deeper into research to understand the history of the continent, and the peacekeeping class aided my understanding of global politics. As a practitioner, that was an eye-opener to have a global view of events happening around the world.”

Lopidia’s time at the Rotary Peace Centre profoundly affected her. “After graduation, I travelled back to Africa and settled in Uganda due to the ongoing conflict in South Sudan,” she explains. “There I established the EVE Organization for Women Development and started engaging the South Sudanese refugees in Uganda……

FULL STORY HERE

2.  RC of East Nassau Million $ Dinner

One Club, the Rotary Club of East Nassau, set a goal of US$ 1 million for The Rotary Foundation and last Saturday at the special dinner THEY reached the goal. RC of East Nassau is making our world better for millions of people.  Amazing effort and result from ONE Rotary Club in the Bahamas to raise US$ 1 million.

They had a dinner to celebrate this milestone which was attended by PRIP Jennifer Jones and one of their members who we all know PRIP Barry Rassin who is the current Chair of our Foundation.

February is Peace & Conflict Prevention/Resolution Month

Graphics by Debbie Vance from Canada

ROTARY CLUB OF COOLAMON Inc. 2023-24

Chartered March 3rd, 1971; Sponsoring Club Narrandera Rotary Club

• President: John Bond
  • President-Elect 2024-2025: Adrian Lindner
  • Secretary: Paul Weston
  • Treasurer: Mary Potts
  • Membership Director: Leslie Weston
  • Service Projects Director:  Adrian Lindner
  • Youth Services Director: Scott Mudd
  • Club Admin Director:  Henk Hulsman