Coolamon Rotary News Bulletin #1617-10

Meeting of 5 September

This week’s meeting was a club assembly.  Not much exciting to report, but it was a productive meeting nonetheless.  A fair bit of time was spent discussing upcoming events:

Saturday, 10 September – Moo Poo Working Bee (Ted Hutcheon’s residence, 8 am)
Because of the rain last weekend, help will be required this weekend to bag more Moo Poo.  Ring Wayne or Ted to confirm.

Saturday, 10 September – Youth Footy & Netball Awards Night (Sport & Rec Club)
The club will be cooking and serving food to the participants and their parents from 4:30  Rostered on from 4:30-6:30 are Paul, Don, Steve, Dick, Ted, Garth, Neil; and from 6:30-8:30 are John G, Daryl, Alex, Wayne, and Ted.

Monday, 12 September – Regular meeting (Sport & Rec Club, 6:30 for 7 pm)
The DG will be visiting on the night, so all members are encouraged to attend if possible.  As usual, apologies to Ian J by Friday.

Wednesday, 14 September – Board meeting (Don Dyce/Sally Farmer residence, 7 pm)

Saturday, 17 September – Opening of the Kindra Forest Bike & Walking Track (10 am)

Saturday, 17 September – Grand opening of the Coolamon Cheese Factory

An entertaining fine session was led by Ted, and the evening closed with a  raffle, which was won by Mark Reardon.

Don’t forget to vote in the shire election this Saturday!

CORRECTION: There will be no voting held on Saturday as there are exactly nine candidates for the nine vacancies on the council. Sorry for the misinformation!

On the lighter side

Newfangled maths

Teacher: “Johnny, If I gave you 2 cats and another 2 cats and another 2, how many would you have?”

Johnny: “Seven.”

Teacher: “No, listen carefully… If I gave you two cats, and another two cats and another two, how many would you have?”

Johnny: “Seven.”

Teacher: “Let me put it to you differently. If I gave you two apples, and another two apples and another two, how many would you have?”

Johnny: “Six.”

Teacher: “Good. Now if I gave you two cats, and another two cats and another two, how many would you have?”

Johnny: “Seven!”

Teacher: “Johnny, where in the heck do you get seven from?!”

Johnny: “Because I’ve already got a freaking cat!”

The Puzzler

Mary’s mum has four children.
The first child is called April.
The second May.
The third June.
What do you think she named the fourth child?

Answer to last week’s puzzler: Regardless of the outcome of previous tosses of a coin, the chance of getting a head on any toss of an unbiased coin is 50%.

Diary

Thursday, 8 September: Bingo. Allawah Lodge, 6:45 for 7 pm. Roster: Paul Weston (Capt), Ivan Furner, Ted Hutcheon, Garth Perkin.

Saturday, 10 September: Youth Sports Awards Night. Coolamon Sport & Rec Club, 5:00-8:00 pm (club members will be manning the BBQ).

Monday, 12 September: Regular meeting and visit by DG Michael Millston. Coolamon Sport & Rec Club.

Wednesday, 14 September: Board meeting.  Don Dyce & Sally Farmer residence. 7 pm.

Saturday, 17 September: Kindra Forest Multipurpose Trail Opening. 10 am.

Saturday, 17 September: Coolamon Cheese Factory Grand Opening.

Monday, 26 September: CSU Field Plot Twilight Tour (in lieu of weekly meeting).  Grahame Centre Field Site, cnr Wagga Road & Prices Road, 5-7 pm.

Sunday, 2 October: Gears & Beers. Stay tuned for details!

Sunday, 16 October: President’s Forum and D9700 AGM, Young.

Saturday, 22 October: Hospital Fete. Details to come.

Saturday, 26 November: Street Raffle.

25-26 Feb, 2017: Presidents-Elect Training (Paul Weston), Young.
17-19 March, 2017: District 9700 Conference, Orange.
30 April, 2017: District 9700 Assembly (All Directors), Young
10-14 June, 2017: Rotary International Convention, Atlanta, GA, USA.

*Partners and Guests Night

Apologies for Monday meetings: call Ian Jennings on 0428 492 157  BY FRIDAY 12:00 pm.