Archive for April, 2013

Coolamon Rotary News Bulletin #35

April 25, 2013

Coolamon Rotary News Bulletin #35 ANZAC DAY 2013   APRIL IS ROTARY MAGAZINE MONTH. Belgian Rotary Magazine MONDAY MEETING This Monday we had our monthly board meeting as well as our business meeting. We decided on several resolutions and arranged a planning meeting for our incoming President Dick Jennings. Next week we have the pleasure of the company of … Read more…

Posted in Australia, Bingo, Bulletins, Coolamon, Meetings, Members Comments Off on Coolamon Rotary News Bulletin #35

Global Warming Himalayan Perspective

April 24, 2013

Take your time to watch this video it is well worth the effort. The same can be said for the glaciers in Africa which I have witnessed first hand on Kilimanjaro and the Mountains of the Moon. As Rotarians we can join the Environment Fellowship see: http://www.envirorotarians.org/

Posted in Bulletins Comments Off on Global Warming Himalayan Perspective

RYLA Wagga Wagga 2013

April 23, 2013

Here is a photo from the RYLA camp.  Rotary Youth Leadership Awards.  You will see Alex Thompson there in the back row.  Alex will be debriefing our club next Monday night so please come along and support Alex.  Alex says that he had a great time at RYLA.  We have also been told that he impressed the tutors. We also have … Read more…

Posted in Bulletins Comments Off on RYLA Wagga Wagga 2013

District 9700 Sunday Peace Park in Leeton

April 22, 2013

Apart from some excellent speakers on Sunday morning the highlight today was the declaration of the Rotary Peace Park in Leeton.   We would like to thank all the members of Leeton and Leeton Central Rotary Clubs for the organisation of what was a memorable conference, well done Leeton and DG Greg Brown with Lyn Brown.  I simply do not … Read more…

Posted in Bulletins Comments Off on District 9700 Sunday Peace Park in Leeton

District 9700 Dinner Dance

April 22, 2013

This was another highlight of the conference in Leeton.  The decorations and food were first class and many of the delegates dressed for the occasion.  The photos do not do the night justice as there was a very good band to help the night along.  

Posted in Bulletins Comments Off on District 9700 Dinner Dance

April 22, 2013

Major Matina Jewell inspiring lady. We had an excellent day on Saturday with some very good speakers including the Hon. Tim Fischer AC of Boree Creek and our past Deputy Prime Minister.   Kim Saville from the School of St. Jude’s was a highlight for me personally.  One of the bravest women that I have heard speak was Major Matina Jewell, … Read more…

Posted in Bulletins Comments Off on

District 9700 Conference 2013

April 19, 2013

Great start to our DISCON here are some photos:

Posted in Bulletins Comments Off on District 9700 Conference 2013

Coolamon Rotary News Bulletin #34

April 19, 2013

Coolamon Rotary News Bulletin #34 APRIL IS ROTARY MAGAZINE MONTH.   MONDAY MEETING Some photos of Ray Foley when he was at Coolamon Rotary. PRESIDENT PAUL WESTON’S REPORT President’s report We’ve had a couple of weeks of meetings featuring presentations by former members who have hit the road in very different directions and shared their … Read more…

Posted in Bulletins 2 Comments »

Coolamon Rotary News Bulletin #33

April 11, 2013

Coolamon Rotary News Bulletin #33 APRIL IS ROTARY MAGAZINE MONTH. MEETING MONDAY Well this is the Clayton’s bulletin or the bulletin that you have when not having a bulletin!  As I was not there and as I have not had a report on Max and Sue Chapman’s talk I can only supply you with photos of Max and Sue, in times gone by. Max … Read more…

Posted in Bulletins Comments Off on Coolamon Rotary News Bulletin #33

Coolamon Rotary News Bulletin #32

April 2, 2013

Coolamon Rotary News Bulletin #32 APRIL IS ROTARY MAGAZINE MONTH.   EASTER SATURDAY MARKETS AND HOT RODS IN COOLAMON A great day all round thanks to all the volunteers from Rotary their partners and others. Photos below thanks to Paul Weston and Ian Durham. Click on the images to enlarge the photos.   PRESIDENT PAUL WESTON’S REPORT   President’s … Read more…

Posted in Bulletins Comments Off on Coolamon Rotary News Bulletin #32