MEETING OF 27th May
President Daryl welcomed a small group of 14 members on Monday with members enjoying a delicious meal of roast pork or lamb. Numerous apologies were given.
Points of discussion for the evening were:
- The Red Shield appeal last Saturday outside the FoodWorks raised $868.50. Unfortunately, the cold weather may have kept some people at home as the takings were not as high as on previous occasions.
- Reminder that the changeover dinner is the 1st of July. Cost will be $40.00 per head.
- The Up To Date art show made a request from the club to sponsor a category in the show. A $350 prize was agreed upon.
- The Ganmain pony club is holding a camp on the 15-16th of June to teach riders skills such as camp drafting. Professional riders are coming down to train approximately 20 young club members and the Pony club asked if Rotary could sponsor the event. Given that insurance cost are high as is feed it was agreed that Rotary would support the camp as many clubs over the district have been forced to fold due to rising cost and it would be a shame to lose a youth club in our local area.
- Our grant application to the District 9700 Drought Relief program in support of the Small Halls concert recently held in Gaiman Hall has apparently been approved. Just waiting on final sign off before we see the $5000.
- The paperwork for the grant for construction of the shed for the food van has been completed, so the funds should be in our account soon.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
Which famous person wrote this?
“My friend, you would not tell with such high zest to children ardent for some desperate glory, the old lie: Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori.”
JUST FOR LAUGHS
Saturday-Wednesday, 1st-5th June – RI CONVENTION, Hamburg.
Monday, 3rd June – Regular meeting. Coolamon Sport & Rec Club, 6:30 for 7:00 pm.
Monday, 10th June – No meeting (public holiday).
Thursday, 13th June – BINGO. Allawah Community Centre, 6:45-10:00 pm. Daryl B (Captain), Howard, Bern and Myffy.
Monday, 17th June – Regular meeting. Coolamon Sport & Rec Club, 6:30 for 7:00 pm.
Wednesday, 19th June – Board meeting. Coolamon Sport & Rec Club, 7:00 pm.
Monday, 1 July – Coolamon Rotary changeover. Coolamon Sport & Rec Club, 6:30 for 7:00 pm.
Friday, 4th October – Fannie Lumsden concert in Old Junee. Tickets cost $30.
* denotes partner & guest night
Please get your working with children check completed and give the number and expiry date to the secretary ASAP. Failure to do so may mean you are not covered insurance wise when you volunteer at events.
Subs are now overdue.
ROTARY CLUB OF COOLAMON Inc. 2018-19Chartered March 3rd, 1971; Sponsoring Club Narrandera Rotary Club President: Daryl Breust 0409 551 140 President-Elect: Wayne Lewis 6927 3501 Service Projects: vacant Secretary: Paul Weston 6927 2972 Treasurer: Henk Hulsman 6927 3486 Rotary Foundation Director: Neil Munro 6927 3156 Club Admin Director: Daryl Breust 0409 551 140 Youth Director: Dave McKinley 6927 8553 Membership Director: Wayne Lewis 6927 3501 Public Image Directors: Myffy Collette 6927 6313 / Bernadette Milne Immediate Past President: Paul Weston 6927 2972 Sergeant @ Arms: Ted Hutcheon 6927 3349 Bulletin Editors: Sarah Collins 0448 118 003, Grahame Miles and Paul Weston