Meeting of Monday 24th July
Tonight we had 18 members and no guests who attended tonight’s meeting following a board meeting at 5.15 pm. Included in our 18 members was Myffy Collette who has returned following a brief hiatus. Welcome back, Myffy! President John Bond welcomed everyone and we had a great dinner as usual.
President John spoke about the upcoming 5th Monday (31st July). We all discussed options for a social night instead of our usual Monday meeting. We ended up choosing the Rustic Pantry, which will be confirmed by club admin director Henk.
Items that were discussed included:
- Mary Potts reminded members that the 6 month Rotary fees are well and truly due.
- Lions Coolamon have asked for help with the Ganmain Show on August 18th in Ganmain. Dave McCann will need an answer as to how many members will be available to help.
- We also discussed New Year’s Eve and to what extent we will participate.
- Mary reported that the Hey Twins are now $500 better off following our donation to their appeal for help.
We ended the evening with a fines session by our S@A Dick Jennings.
All in all another great night of fun and friendship.
N.B. You are always welcome to bring guests to most of our meetings, just advise Ian Jennings if you want to bring a guest along when you respond to the weekly dinner roll call!
*Monday July 31st – Social Meeting. The Rustic Pantry, 6.30 for 7 pm.
*Monday TBA – Upcoming Speaker Meeting. Coolamon Sport & Rec Club, 6.30 for 7 pm.
Friday 20th-Sunday 22nd October – Rotary District 9705 Annual Conference. Queanbeyan.
* Partner’s night
JUST FOR LAUGHS
ALL cartoons and jokes were sourced from Facebook.
ROTARIANS FOR FIGHTING AIDS:
The Rotary Action Group for Family Health and AIDS Prevention
Congratulations to Bola Oyebade, our Nigeria RFHD Country Coordinator, on receiving the prestigious Jerry’s Hero Award recently! Presented by RFHA CEO Sue Paget.
His unwavering commitment to Rotary Family Health Days and his exceptional organization of the program have made an incredible impact on communities across Nigeria
Learn more about our program and get involved by visiting our website:www.rfha.org
RFHA works across Africa and India to provide free quality health resources to people who would otherwise fall between the cracks to critical care. Over the past 11 years, RFHA has used initiatives such as the Rotary Family Health Days program to bridge the gap and so far more than 2.67 million people have already received health services.
The startling reality is that half the world’s population can’t access affordable healthcare.
Footnote: John Glassford was a member of the RFFA Board 2009-2012, which became RFHA.
July is Rotary’s Maternal & Child Health Month
Graphics by Debbie Vance from Canada
ROTARY CLUB OF COOLAMON Inc. 2023-24
Chartered March 3rd, 1971; Sponsoring Club Narrandera Rotary Club
- President: John Bond
- President-Elect 2024-2025: Adrian Lindner
- Secretary: Paul Weston
- Treasurer: Mary Potts
- Membership Director: Leslie Weston
- Service Projects Director: Adrian Lindner
- Youth Services Director: Scott Mudd
- Club Admin Director: Henk Hulsman
- Public Image Director: Grahame Miles
- Sergeant @ Arms: Dick Jennings
- Immediate Past President and Vice-President: Paul Weston
- Bulletin Editors: Paul Weston and John Glassford
- Webmaster: John Glassford